I was recently visiting my sister in Australia and finally got try one of the blondies she’s always telling me about. They were delicious!
I tried making them as soon as I got home, and being a big fan of cinnamon, I decided to add some cinnamon to the blondie recipe. This slight tweak to the recipe made the blondies remind me of my favourite soft batch cookies as a kid. I will definitely be making more of these. Yum!
Choc Chip Bean Blondies:
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white beans (I find cannellini beans work well, but well blended chickpeas are good too)
- 3/4 cup dates (soaked and drained if not using medjool dates)
- 1/4 cup oats, ground into flour
- 1/4 cup nut butter (cashew or almond work best)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup mylk to help blend if necessary
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor except for chocolate chips. Mix should be smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl, add chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 mins.
- Try not to eat them all at once!