The number of vegan options in Whistler is growing fast! There are now many places to enjoy delicious vegan food. Check out our list of places with vegan options.
You can also post in the
Whistler Vegans Facebook group for the latest recommendations and checking out the Happy Cow Listings and the locals’ top picks for 2020.
**Please check the restaurant’s own website for vegan options on their menu before visiting, as menus change seasonally.**
Note that we can not guarantee that restaurants are offering strictly vegan food. Not all restaurants label their dishes and the servers may or may not be aware of ingredients. It is recommended that if you are strict with your diet you call the restaurant a day or two in advance to ensure your needs can be met.
You can also check out our restaurant blog posts for reviews and photos.
- BReD – 100% plant-based bakery owned by two awesome, local vegans. Incredibly delicious bread and baked goods, as well as coffee. Check them out in Whistler’s Creekside.
- The Green Moustache Organic Café – Juices, smoothies, salads, hot food, soup, breakfast (including vegan waffles!) and delicious desserts. Two locations – one in Marketplace and one in Function Junction.
- Velvet Underground – Vintage clothing store with vegan hot drinks and smoothies.
- Raven’s Nest (winter only) – On-mountain vegetarian restaurant offering soup, chili and snacks. Lift ticket required.
Many restaurants in Whistler now offer vegan options and below we have highlighted some of the most popular locations.
- Milestones – new vegan options including a fully vegan breakfast, and a vegan chocolate ganache torte!
- Alta Bistro – French Bistro with incredible vegan fine-dining options. They even have a vegan Christmas dinner! Read our review.
- Aura and Cure Lounge – Restaurant and lounge at Nita Lake Lodge. Sometimes offers a 3 course Meatless Monday menu.
- The Raven Room – restaurant and cocktail bar with some vegan mains and sometimes dessert.
- Mongolie Grill – Select your own ingredients and create your own dish. 20% off for veggie diners. Let them know you’re vegan.
- GLC – Slopeside bar with several vegan dishes including a tempeh burger.
- Earls – Lots of tasty and varied vegans options.
- Stonesedge Kitchen – winner of the 2016 Vegan Dessert Challenge. Now under new ownership and still has vegan options.
- RMU – Vegan sandwich, burger and more, including special offers.
- Harajuku Isakaya – A top favourite for Whistler vegan locals for Japanese food.
- Ohyama Ramen – Home to Whistler’s best vegan ramen (available to order at Harajuku as well in slow seasons).
- Samurai Sushi – Casual sushi restaurant with many vegan options.
- Whistler Samurai Bowl – Previously Samurai Sushi. Has vegan options including vegan ramen.
- Tandoori Grill – Many vegan options clearly marked on the menu. Owner is vegetarian.
- Royal Taste of India – Many vegan items clearly marked on the menu.
- La Cantina – Mexican café with 2 locations – Marketplace and Nesters. Amazing vegan tacos!
- Mexican Corner – Mexican restaurant with increasing number of vegan dishes.
- Fat Tony’s – A huge selection of vegan pizzas, including vegan cheeze and meats.
- Functional Pie Pizzeria – Vegan pizzas with toppings such as vegan cheese and Beyond Meat sausage.
- Misty Mountain Pizza – Vegan cheeze available.
Café / Quick Serve
- Naked Sprout Juice Bar Café – Organic, farm to table café with many vegan items on the menu.
- Cranked – coffee shop with several vegan items, including baked goods.
- Gone Eatery – Several vegan dishes including breakfast and lunch. Read our review.
- The Corner Deli – Sandwich shop with vegan options.
- Splitz Grill – Now has the Beyond Burger with vegan mayo. Also has a vegan lentil burger.
- Ingrid’s Café – Deli with vegan sandwiches and other items.
- Peaked Pies – Australian pie shop/café that sells some vegan pies.
- Hunter Gather – Restaurant with several vegan items.
- Mount Currie Coffee – Coffee shop with vegan meals and baked goods.
- The Hwy Café – New, fully plant-based Pemberton café serving delicious breakfast, lunch and treats.
- BReD – 100% vegan bakery and coffee shop in Creekside. Best bread and cakes you’ve ever had!
- Purebread – Bakery and coffee shop with vegan bread, and some vegan treats depending on the day.